A happiness trick

As long-time readers may have noticed, I'm a big worrier, so I’m always looking for ways to relax and turn my brain off. So I was intrigued when I read this tip about how to chill out and be kinder to yourself:

"Say I love you. Speak it to yourself every morning; look in a mirror and say "I love you" in a loud voice. We automatically critique, blame, and fault ourselves for nearly everything, rarely acknowledging the things we do well or those we ought to be proud of. Show yourself daily doses of well-deserved appreciation."

It sounded really awkward, but it stuck in my mind and I figured it wouldn't hurt to experiment. So I did it this morning and while it felt a little nuts, it did feel good (and still does). What do you think? Insane? Awesome? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

P.S. Mindy Kaling's friendship tip, and how to look confident.

(Illustration by Gemma Correll. Thanks for the article tip, Devin!)
You have just read the article entitled A happiness trick. Please read the article from Banabis About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://banabis.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-happiness-trick.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Banabis