The Goldfinch

Have you read any good books recently? My friend Megan just emailed me with a recommendation: "If you're looking for something great, pick up The Goldfinch. Best contemporary novel I've read in about a billion years. Don't be put off by the fact that it's 800 pages. You'll wish it were longer."

The Goldfinch is described as a "beautiful, stay-up-all-night and tell-all-your-friends triumph," and the New Yorker writes, "Like the rest of us, Donna Tartt ages; but her fiction is going the other way. Her new novel, 'The Goldfinch,' is a virtual baby: it clutches and releases the most fantastical toys. Its tone, language, and story belong to children’s literature."
I'm so intrigued! Sometimes I like starting books (and movies) without knowing anything, so I ordered it without looking up the plot synopsis. Have you read it? Thoughts? Any other books you'd recommend? I know you guys are big readers!

P.S. Five favorite novels, and subway reading.

(Cartoon by John O'Brien)
You have just read the article entitled The Goldfinch. Please read the article from Banabis About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://banabis.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-goldfinch.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Banabis