French café charges extra for rudeness

A café in Nice, France, has a sign charging brusque customers five times more for a cup of coffee than customers who say hello and please. How funny is that? "Most of my customers are regulars and they just see the funny side and exaggerate their politeness,” says the manager. "They started calling me 'your greatness' when they saw the sign."

I worked at a coffee shop for four years in college, and this would have been awesome! My pet peeve is when people say, "Gimme a..." instead of "Please may I have"!

P.S. French waiters are trying to be more polite, too.

(Photo by @tokai06, via Kottke)
You have just read the article entitled French café charges extra for rudeness. Please read the article from Banabis About , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://banabis.blogspot.com/2013/12/french-cafe-charges-extra-for-rudeness.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Banabis